The NWST was formed in 1990 to provide scratch tournaments for senior bowlers, 50 and older. Since its inception a number of changes have been made to improve the organization and encourage more bowlers to participate. Among these are:
- The addition of women bowlers 40 and over
- A Super Senior class for bowlers 60 to 65
- A Super Senior + class for bowlers 66 and older
The leadership of this member-owned organization continues to solicit suggestions for additional improvements.
The NWST has a remarkable history of bowling accomplishments. Here's a summary of highlights from 1990 - 2017
- 674 bowlers have competed in the NWST
- 90% of all participants have received a cash payout
- 215 bowlers have bowled 241 - 300 games
- 41 bowlers have bowled 64 - 800 series with a high of 859
- $6,137 won by a single bowler in a single year
- $41,747 won by a single bowler over several years
- $1,787,480.50 has been paid out in prizes since the inception of the NWST
Check out the Statistics
page to see who's done what! Also check out the Schedule
page to find information on future tournaments and the results of ones that have already been bowled.